Consultancy services for the selection of an individual consultant for the ECOWAS trade liberalization scheme (ETLS) web site and portal administrator17 Aug, 2022
Financing Agreement reference: Grant No 5900155016360
Project ID No. P-Z1-KF0-065
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE SELECTION OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FOR THE ECOWAS TRADE LIBERALIZATION SCHEME (ETLS) WEB SITE AND PORTAL ADMINISTRATOR
1. This request is for expression of interest following the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for
the above mentioned project that appeared in Development Business.
2. The ECOWAS Trade Liberalisation Scheme was adopted as an important step towards the
realisation of a common market. However, in practice this procedure proved fairly cumbersome, among others due to deficits in the flow of information and communication between the actors involved (exporters, NCORCs, Customs officials, ECOWAS Commission).
In order to foster the effective implementation of the ETLS and, thus, promote intraregional trade, ECOWAS Commission, in collaboration with GIZ, is creating an improved website for the exchange of information on the ETLS. As a result, ECOWAS Commission in partnership with GIZ intends to apply a portion of the African Development Bank Grant for the Selection of an Individual Consultant for the ECOWAS Trade Liberalization Scheme (ETLS) Website and Portal Administrator.
3. The services expected to be carried out by the Consultant are, but not limited to the following:
a) Serve as the primary contact for all aspects of the organizations website and the web portal.
b) Maintain web portal and structures in accordance with the organization’s needs; collaborate closely Information Technology Services, Customs Union & Taxation Directorates.
c) Manage and regularly update ETLS database
d) Determining client website needs and requirements.
e) Coordinating information with ETLS focal points,
f) Monitoring and analysing site performance.
g) Identify opportunities to improve search engine optimization (SEO), time on site, web traffic, and other relevant metrics.
h) Maintain and document the web site with the information on the registered companies
i) Perform other related duties as assigned.
j) Addressing and responding to user comments and complaints
4. The duration of the assignment is twelve (12) months.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants shall be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
Bachelor’s degree in Economics or related field required,
Minimum of 3 years working experience;
Specific knowledge and Experience:
a) Knowledge in computer programming.
b) Knowledge of the ECOWAS Trade Liberalization scheme procedures and knowledge of
West African economic and industrial landscape.
c) Evidence of at least two similar assignments during the past 5 years;
d) Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
e) Familiarity with web standards;
f) Working knowledge of web content management systems and database management
g) Speak and write English very well. Good technical writing skills.
h) Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
5. The Eligibility criteria, preparation of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” – May 2008 Edition Revised July 2012, which is available on the Bank’s website
6. Interested individual consultant can obtain further information at the e-mail addresses mentioned below during working hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm, Nigerian Time, (GMT + 1) Mondays through Fridays (except public holidays): firstname.lastname@example.org, with copy to: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
7. Expressions of Interest (1 original and 4 copies) will be submitted by mail and clearly marked “Consultancy for the Selection of an Individual Consultant for the ECOWAS Trade Liberalization Scheme (ETLS) Website and Portal Administrator”, to the address below latest by Tuesday August 23rd , 2022 at 11.00 am (GMT+1), Nigerian Time: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
This EOI and TOR are also published on the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doingbusiness-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement
8. The Expression of Interest should be submitted in English or French.